Property Management Fees Explained
The letting fee amount is based on the term of the lease and is only charged once a tenancy agreement has been entered into.
WHAT SERVICES DO LETTING FEES COVER?
- Arranging, placement, recording and administering advertising
- Arranging, taking and uploading photographs of your property
- Arranging and conducting personal viewing appointments with prospective tenants
- Administrating and processing applications for tenancy
- 100 point checks
- Processing the application for tenancy including checking of all references
- Negotiating the terms of the lease with both owner and tenant
- Attending to the preparation, execution and processing of lease documentation including the bond lodgement form, general information for tenants, photocopying keys
- Conduct a tenant induction
- Compile the ingoing condition report including photos (approximately 200 photos are taken for a standard size house)
Management fees are charged on a percentage basis of rent monies collected. The amount charged per calendar month will depend upon the actual amount of rent collected by the agency.
WHAT SERVICES DO MANAGEMENT COVER?
- Rent collection and managing rental arrears
- Conduct routine inspections every six months
- Conducting rent reviews
- Preparing statements for the owner
- Organising maintenance repairs and quotes
- Liaison and regular follow up with maintenance contractors
- Organising keys for inspections and trades people
- Copying/scanning of invoices
- Attending to the payment of general property expenses ie. Council Rates
- Liaising with owners and tenants
- Liaising with insurance companies
- Attending to daily telephone, email and fax enquiries
- Processing notices to vacate
- Outgoing inspection report
- Disbursement of the vacated tenant’s bond