A LANDLORDS BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED) TO THE FOLLOWING
- Provide the property in a clean and reasonable state at the start of the tenancy
- Maintaining the property to a reasonable standard and attending to repairs in a timely manner
- Allowing the tenant quiet enjoyment of the premises for the duration of the tenancy
- Annual smoke alarm maintenance
- Carbon monoxide test on gas heaters every two years
- Providing and maintaining locks to ensure the property is secure; keys to all locks.
Landlords who adhere to their responsibilities often attract excellent long term tenants.